North Cachar Hills Autonomous Council members to take oath
Guwahati: Assam government on Saturday authorized the Deputy Commissioner of Dima Hasao District to preside over the first meeting of the North Cachar Hills Autonomous Council for oath taking and also election of its Chairman.
As per schedule, both the oath taking ceremony and the issue of notice for election of the Chairman will take place on the same day at the North Cachar Hills Autonomous Council (NCHAC) Session Hall on June 3 next, official sources said here today.
The last date for filling of the nomination as well as the election for the post of the Chairman was scheduled on June 4 and 5 next.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway