North Cachar Hills Autonomous Council members to take oath
Guwahati: Assam government on Saturday authorized the Deputy Commissioner of Dima Hasao District to preside over the first meeting of the North Cachar Hills Autonomous Council for oath taking and also election of its Chairman.
As per schedule, both the oath taking ceremony and the issue of notice for election of the Chairman will take place on the same day at the North Cachar Hills Autonomous Council (NCHAC) Session Hall on June 3 next, official sources said here today.
The last date for filling of the nomination as well as the election for the post of the Chairman was scheduled on June 4 and 5 next.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj