North Cachar Hills Autonomous Council members to take oath
Guwahati: Assam government on Saturday authorized the Deputy Commissioner of Dima Hasao District to preside over the first meeting of the North Cachar Hills Autonomous Council for oath taking and also election of its Chairman.
As per schedule, both the oath taking ceremony and the issue of notice for election of the Chairman will take place on the same day at the North Cachar Hills Autonomous Council (NCHAC) Session Hall on June 3 next, official sources said here today.
The last date for filling of the nomination as well as the election for the post of the Chairman was scheduled on June 4 and 5 next.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown