North East people returning to Bangalore
Guwahati: Indicating a gradual return to normal situation, people from the Northeast, who fled Bangalore fearing reprisal in the wake of violence in Assam, are going back to the silicon city, though their number is much less compared to their arrival here.
A spokesman for the Northeast Frontier Railway, Nripen Bhattacharya, said here that three special trains had left for Bangalore yesterday taking back those who had left.
He, however, could not give the exact number of people returning to Bangalore.
Government officials said it would take two to three days before all of them returned to the Karnataka capital and other cities.
"Today we also ran a special train from Kamakhya station in Guwahati to Dibrugarh for those passengers who are from upper Assam. The train left at 12.45 pm," Bhattacharya said.
The Kamakhya-Dibrugarh special was for those who reached Guwahati from Bangalore and other places in two special trains this morning and had to go to upper Assam as part of their onward journey.
Special train services have been suspended from Bangalore by the South Western Railway on Saturday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata