Not a rebellion against Rahul: Congress on Assam minister
New Delhi: The Congress Monday said the resignation of Assam minister Himanta Biswa Sarma was not a rebellion against party vice-president Rahul Gandhi.
"It is not a rebellion against Rahul. The issue is that some people would not be happy with the chief minister (Tarun Gogoi). But majority are with the chief minister," Congress leader Kamal Nath told media persons outside the Parliament House.
Assam`s rebel minister Himanta Biswa Sarma Monday resigned from the state cabinet, saying it was not possible "mentally, physically and politically" to work under Gogoi.
Sarma, who was holding health and education portfolios, submitted his resignation to Governor Janaki Ballabh Patnaik.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will step down if chair becomes impediment in father's vision for J&K: Mehbooba Mufti
- Nuke programme made Pakistan's defence impregnable: Nawaz Sharif
- Indian Army now confirms Hizbul Mujahideen militant Tariq Pandit held
- Kepler 62f: An exoplanet 1200 light years away may be habitable!
- UEFA Champions League final: Five classic Real Madrid-Atletico Madrid derbies