Not a rebellion against Rahul: Congress on Assam minister
New Delhi: The Congress Monday said the resignation of Assam minister Himanta Biswa Sarma was not a rebellion against party vice-president Rahul Gandhi.
"It is not a rebellion against Rahul. The issue is that some people would not be happy with the chief minister (Tarun Gogoi). But majority are with the chief minister," Congress leader Kamal Nath told media persons outside the Parliament House.
Assam`s rebel minister Himanta Biswa Sarma Monday resigned from the state cabinet, saying it was not possible "mentally, physically and politically" to work under Gogoi.
Sarma, who was holding health and education portfolios, submitted his resignation to Governor Janaki Ballabh Patnaik.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels