Not a rebellion against Rahul: Congress on Assam minister
New Delhi: The Congress Monday said the resignation of Assam minister Himanta Biswa Sarma was not a rebellion against party vice-president Rahul Gandhi.
"It is not a rebellion against Rahul. The issue is that some people would not be happy with the chief minister (Tarun Gogoi). But majority are with the chief minister," Congress leader Kamal Nath told media persons outside the Parliament House.
Assam`s rebel minister Himanta Biswa Sarma Monday resigned from the state cabinet, saying it was not possible "mentally, physically and politically" to work under Gogoi.
Sarma, who was holding health and education portfolios, submitted his resignation to Governor Janaki Ballabh Patnaik.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok