Not a rebellion against Rahul: Congress on Assam minister
New Delhi: The Congress Monday said the resignation of Assam minister Himanta Biswa Sarma was not a rebellion against party vice-president Rahul Gandhi.
"It is not a rebellion against Rahul. The issue is that some people would not be happy with the chief minister (Tarun Gogoi). But majority are with the chief minister," Congress leader Kamal Nath told media persons outside the Parliament House.
Assam`s rebel minister Himanta Biswa Sarma Monday resigned from the state cabinet, saying it was not possible "mentally, physically and politically" to work under Gogoi.
Sarma, who was holding health and education portfolios, submitted his resignation to Governor Janaki Ballabh Patnaik.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users