Notification for first phase of polls issued in Assam, Tripura
Agartala/Guwahati: The notification for the first of the nine-phased Lok Sabha polls was issued Friday with this the process to constitute the 16th lower house of Parliament beginning in Assam and Tripura, an official said.
During the first phase of Lok Sabha elections April 7, polls will be held in one of the two parliamentary constituencies in Tripura and five of the 14 in Assam.
"The President and the Election Commission of India (ECI) separately issued the formal notification Friday," Tripura Chief Electoral Officer Ashutosh Jindal told IANS.
"The President issued the notification calling upon the people to elect their representative in the Lok Sabha and the ECI issued the notification informing the people about the schedule for the elections," he added.
"With this, the filling of nomination in the Lok Sabha constituencies, where polls would be held April 7, formally started," said Jindal.
All the major political parties in Tripura and Assam including the Congress, Bharatiya Janata Party, Communist Party of India-Marxist and Asom Gana Parishad have declared their candidates and started campaign in full-swing.
The last date of filling of nominations (where polls would be held April 7), is March 21 and the scrutiny of nominations would take place the next day. The last date for withdrawal of candidatures is March 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day