One arrested in abduction of NHPC GM in Assam
Tezpur: One person was arrested in connection with abduction of a General Manager of NHPC even as two days have passed without any trace of him.
According to police, one person and two motorcycles were recovered near Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border today.
Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) A P Rout said the search operation was going on to rescue Anil Kumar Agarwal, who was posted at NHPC`s project in Tawang in the Himalayan state.
He said four bikes were used during the kidnapping on Saturday night by six suspected terrorists from the banned NDFB. Three motorcycles have so far been recovered.
Meanwhile, an emergency meeting was held at Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki`s residence in the morning to take stock of the situation. It was attended by the state Chief Secretary and Director General of Arunachal Pradesh police among others.
Agarwal was kidnapped by suspected NDFB terrorists while he was coming from Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh. He is originally from Faridabad in Haryana and has been posted at Tawang for the last one year. Senior NHPC officials have rushed to the spot.
There are two hydro-electric power projects in Tawang -- Chu-I Chu ?II. Agarwal is General Manager of the Chu-I project.
As per police sources, the General Manager was coming from Tawang to Guwahati when he was kidnapped from Charduar area after crossing the inner line gate at Bhalukpung.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth