One dead, two injured in police firing in Assam
Dhubri: One person was killed and two others were injured in firing by the police after they were attacked by a mob at a rally in Assam`s Dhubri district today, police sources said.
The police were attacked following the discovery of the presence of two Bodos, suspected to belong to the militant Bodo anti-talk NDFB (Songbijit) faction, at the rally for non-Bodos at Kusakati on Dhubri district`s border with Kokrajhar, the sources said.
The people beat up the two Bodos and burnt a police vehicle leading the police to make a lathi-charge and when it failed opened fire injuring three persons, the sources said.
The three injured were admitted to the Dhubri Civil Hospital, where one of them, Hyat Ali, died, they said.
The two Bodos were arrested, they added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed