One dead, two injured in police firing in Assam
Dhubri: One person was killed and two others were injured in firing by the police after they were attacked by a mob at a rally in Assam`s Dhubri district today, police sources said.
The police were attacked following the discovery of the presence of two Bodos, suspected to belong to the militant Bodo anti-talk NDFB (Songbijit) faction, at the rally for non-Bodos at Kusakati on Dhubri district`s border with Kokrajhar, the sources said.
The people beat up the two Bodos and burnt a police vehicle leading the police to make a lathi-charge and when it failed opened fire injuring three persons, the sources said.
The three injured were admitted to the Dhubri Civil Hospital, where one of them, Hyat Ali, died, they said.
The two Bodos were arrested, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre