One dead, two injured in police firing in Assam
Dhubri: One person was killed and two others were injured in firing by the police after they were attacked by a mob at a rally in Assam`s Dhubri district today, police sources said.
The police were attacked following the discovery of the presence of two Bodos, suspected to belong to the militant Bodo anti-talk NDFB (Songbijit) faction, at the rally for non-Bodos at Kusakati on Dhubri district`s border with Kokrajhar, the sources said.
The people beat up the two Bodos and burnt a police vehicle leading the police to make a lathi-charge and when it failed opened fire injuring three persons, the sources said.
The three injured were admitted to the Dhubri Civil Hospital, where one of them, Hyat Ali, died, they said.
The two Bodos were arrested, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town