One dies in IED blast in Assam
Haflong: One person, suspected to be carrying an Improvised Explosive Device, was killed when the device exploded at Dima Hasao Hill district of Assam early on Tuesday.
The police said the explosion took place at around 1.00 am at Donganraji in the main market area of Umrangshu town.
Rescue personnel later recovered body parts of the person, who is yet to be identified. The explosion was so powerful that the body parts were found scattered over a huge area.
District police officials suspect that the man was carrying the IED with him with an intention to plant somewhere.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma