One dies in IED blast in Assam
Haflong: One person, suspected to be carrying an Improvised Explosive Device, was killed when the device exploded at Dima Hasao Hill district of Assam early on Tuesday.
The police said the explosion took place at around 1.00 am at Donganraji in the main market area of Umrangshu town.
Rescue personnel later recovered body parts of the person, who is yet to be identified. The explosion was so powerful that the body parts were found scattered over a huge area.
District police officials suspect that the man was carrying the IED with him with an intention to plant somewhere.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off