One dies in IED blast in Assam
Haflong: One person, suspected to be carrying an Improvised Explosive Device, was killed when the device exploded at Dima Hasao Hill district of Assam early on Tuesday.
The police said the explosion took place at around 1.00 am at Donganraji in the main market area of Umrangshu town.
Rescue personnel later recovered body parts of the person, who is yet to be identified. The explosion was so powerful that the body parts were found scattered over a huge area.
District police officials suspect that the man was carrying the IED with him with an intention to plant somewhere.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city