One held in big arms haul from car, NDFB hand suspected
Guwahati: Arms and ammunition, including rifles, meant for the militant NDFB-Songbijit group`s `C-in-C`, were seized from a car in lower Assam`s Chirang district today, said a top police officer.
The arms and ammunition were recovered during an operation launched by Superintendent of Police Ranjan Bhuyan at Chapaguri on the National Highway, IGP L R Bishnoi told PTI.
The seizures include a US-made M-16 rifles along with its extension and silencer, a Mark IV 303 rifle along with two magazines and 141 rounds of bullets, Bishnoi said.
The arms were being transported through the vehicle from Merapani along the Assam-Nagaland border for National Democratic Front of Bodoland`s self-styled Commander-in-Chief Bidai, the IGP said.
The driver of the vehicle has been arrested, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’