One held in big arms haul from car, NDFB hand suspected
Guwahati: Arms and ammunition, including rifles, meant for the militant NDFB-Songbijit group`s `C-in-C`, were seized from a car in lower Assam`s Chirang district today, said a top police officer.
The arms and ammunition were recovered during an operation launched by Superintendent of Police Ranjan Bhuyan at Chapaguri on the National Highway, IGP L R Bishnoi told PTI.
The seizures include a US-made M-16 rifles along with its extension and silencer, a Mark IV 303 rifle along with two magazines and 141 rounds of bullets, Bishnoi said.
The arms were being transported through the vehicle from Merapani along the Assam-Nagaland border for National Democratic Front of Bodoland`s self-styled Commander-in-Chief Bidai, the IGP said.
The driver of the vehicle has been arrested, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'