One held in big arms haul from car, NDFB hand suspected
Guwahati: Arms and ammunition, including rifles, meant for the militant NDFB-Songbijit group`s `C-in-C`, were seized from a car in lower Assam`s Chirang district today, said a top police officer.
The arms and ammunition were recovered during an operation launched by Superintendent of Police Ranjan Bhuyan at Chapaguri on the National Highway, IGP L R Bishnoi told PTI.
The seizures include a US-made M-16 rifles along with its extension and silencer, a Mark IV 303 rifle along with two magazines and 141 rounds of bullets, Bishnoi said.
The arms were being transported through the vehicle from Merapani along the Assam-Nagaland border for National Democratic Front of Bodoland`s self-styled Commander-in-Chief Bidai, the IGP said.
The driver of the vehicle has been arrested, he added.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative