One held in big arms haul from car, NDFB hand suspected
Guwahati: Arms and ammunition, including rifles, meant for the militant NDFB-Songbijit group`s `C-in-C`, were seized from a car in lower Assam`s Chirang district today, said a top police officer.
The arms and ammunition were recovered during an operation launched by Superintendent of Police Ranjan Bhuyan at Chapaguri on the National Highway, IGP L R Bishnoi told PTI.
The seizures include a US-made M-16 rifles along with its extension and silencer, a Mark IV 303 rifle along with two magazines and 141 rounds of bullets, Bishnoi said.
The arms were being transported through the vehicle from Merapani along the Assam-Nagaland border for National Democratic Front of Bodoland`s self-styled Commander-in-Chief Bidai, the IGP said.
The driver of the vehicle has been arrested, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen