One killed, another injured by NDFB(S) militants
Dhubri/Dhekiajuli: NDFB(S) militants struck for the third consecutive day killing one person and critically injuring another in two different incidents in Assam on Sunday, police said.
NDFB(S) militants shot dead a trader at Mangolchora bazaar under Bogaribari police station of the district killing him on the spot.
The trader was identified as 70-year old Gaur Kundu, a resident of Subhasnagar area in Dhubri town, and he was killed while he was on his way to his grocery shop in Mangolchora, the sources said.
In another incident, another person was shot at and seriously injured by NDFB(S) militants at Batasipur area under Dhekiajuli police station of Sonitpur district.
The injured has been identified as Bikram Roy and he was allegedly given an extortion demand by the militants, they said.
Roy was shifted to Guwahati Medical College Hospital in a critical condition.
Eight people have been killed since January 17 by the anti-talk NDFB (Songibijit) faction.
- OMG! Zarina Wahab leaves house post Aditya Pancholi's name crops up in Kangana-Hrithik saga?
- SAMCO launches Season 2 of the Indian Trading League
- How Twitter can help prevent asthma-related hospitalisation!
- Enrica Lexie case: Italy cites UN tribunal ruling, seeks Italian marine's release; India differs
- Vijay Mallya cries foul, says not given fair trial