One killed another injured in firing by Forest guards
Nagaon: One person was killed and another injured when Forest department guards fired at the duo suspecting them to be poachers at Salbari forest in Nagaon district, official sources said on Sunday.
The duo - Ladruz Ekka and Moloy Das of Kellyden village had gone to Salbari forest to collect firewood when the incident occurred last evening, the sources said.
"Forest guards fired upon them thinking that they were poachers. Ekka died, while Das was seriously injured in the unfortunate incident and has been shifted to GMC Hospital in Guwahati," they said.
Hearing the news, locals became angry and set on fire the Salbari forest office.
When police from Kaliabor reached the spot, they were also attacked but the situation was brought under control later, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA