One killed as train coaches catch fire at Guwahati
Guwahati: A man was burnt to death in a fire Tuesday night that gutted one coach and partially damaged another at the new Guwahati yard of Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR), officials said Wednesday.
The body of the man was recovered from the gutted coach`s toilet, said NFR official S.Lahiri.
The identity of the man is yet to be ascertained, said Lahiri, adding that the incident is being investigated.
The two coaches were attached to the empty rake of the 12506 Up North East Express that arrived at Guwahati Tuesday evening.
An official on duty reported fire in two of the sleeper class coaches of this rake around 1.30 a.m.
The fire was extinguished around 3 a.m.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!