One killed as train coaches catch fire at Guwahati
Guwahati: A man was burnt to death in a fire Tuesday night that gutted one coach and partially damaged another at the new Guwahati yard of Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR), officials said Wednesday.
The body of the man was recovered from the gutted coach`s toilet, said NFR official S.Lahiri.
The identity of the man is yet to be ascertained, said Lahiri, adding that the incident is being investigated.
The two coaches were attached to the empty rake of the 12506 Up North East Express that arrived at Guwahati Tuesday evening.
An official on duty reported fire in two of the sleeper class coaches of this rake around 1.30 a.m.
The fire was extinguished around 3 a.m.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi