One killed by brother over land dispute in Assam
Guwahati: In an incident of fratricide, a person was shot dead allegedly by his younger brother here on Sunday over dispute over a piece of land.
Accused Sahil Ali attacked his elder brother Siraj Ali in front of his shop and gunned him down around 8.20 am at Adabari area, police said.
Siraj was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead, the police said adding Sahil was apprehended.
According to family sources Sahil had earlier too allegedly attacked his sibling with a sharp weapon inflicting wounds on his neck.
The sources said that the two and another brother were involved in a feud over a piece of land in their mother`s name since her death some time ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?