One killed by elephant in Udalguri district in Assam
Udalguri: One person was trampled to death by an elephant which got isolated from its herd that destroyed some houses and standing crop in Udalguri district of Assam early Saturday morning, the police said.
The person identified as Fagu Munda (55) was guarding his paddy field from elephant menace and had come down from his `machan`atop a tree at Bamunjuli village, to light firewood to keep warm, the police said.
The pachyderm then dragged Munda with its truck and then trampled him to death, they said.
The herd of wild elephants had come out of Bornadi Wildlife Santuary situated on the foothills of the Himalayas bordering Bhutan.
After creating havoc in the area destroying some thatched houses and rice fields at Bamunjuli, the herd went back to the forest leaving behind one of them, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results declared
- PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi pay homage to Jawaharlal Nehru on 52nd death anniversary
- Gwyneth Paltrow, Chris Martin officially divorced
- Islamic State hit by 150 US-led air strikes near Syria`s Raqa: Monitor
- Veerappan movie review: Brilliant camerawork engages you