One killed by rhino, five injured by tiger
Morigaon: A person was killed by a rhino and five others were injured by a tiger Tuesday in Assam`s Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary in Morigaon district.
A woodcutter was gored to death inside the sanctuary by an adult rhino under Mayong Revenue circle, forest officials said.
In another incident, a tiger crossing the corridor from Orang National Park to the sanctuary injured five persons, including a woman, on a sand bar of the Brahmaputra at Boralimora under Bhuragaon Revenue Circle.
The injured have been admitted to Morigaon Civil Hospital while a massive hunt has been launched to track the animal which went into hiding immediately after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog