One killed, four injured in Assam firing
Diphu: One person was killed and four
others were injured when suspected Karbi Peoples Liberation
Tigers (KPLT) insurgents opened fire on two vehicles on the
borders of Karbi Anglong and Golaghat districts in Upper Assam
early on Saturday.
The militants fired from Karbi Anglong side on a truck
and another vehicle coming from Bokakhat of Golaghat district
around 5.30 am on National Highway 37, official sources said.
The driver of the truck died on the spot, while the
four passengers of the other vehicle were injured, two of them
Another 11 people were injured when they tried to flee
the site, the sources said.
The two seriously injured are senior leaders of Asom
Jatiyatabadi Yuba Chatra Parishad (AJYCP).
Meanwhile, normal life was hit in the twin hill
districts of Karbi Anglong and N C Hills by a 60-hour bandh
called by the KPLT that began at 5.00 am to protest the
government`s alleged indifference towards initiating peace
talks with the outfit despite its willingness for dialogue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA