One killed, four injured in Assam firing
Diphu: One person was killed and four
others were injured when suspected Karbi Peoples Liberation
Tigers (KPLT) insurgents opened fire on two vehicles on the
borders of Karbi Anglong and Golaghat districts in Upper Assam
early on Saturday.
The militants fired from Karbi Anglong side on a truck
and another vehicle coming from Bokakhat of Golaghat district
around 5.30 am on National Highway 37, official sources said.
The driver of the truck died on the spot, while the
four passengers of the other vehicle were injured, two of them
Another 11 people were injured when they tried to flee
the site, the sources said.
The two seriously injured are senior leaders of Asom
Jatiyatabadi Yuba Chatra Parishad (AJYCP).
Meanwhile, normal life was hit in the twin hill
districts of Karbi Anglong and N C Hills by a 60-hour bandh
called by the KPLT that began at 5.00 am to protest the
government`s alleged indifference towards initiating peace
talks with the outfit despite its willingness for dialogue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it