One killed, four injured in grenade blast: Assam
Kokrajhar: One person was killed and four others were injured when unidentified persons lobbed a hand grenade at a busy place in Assam`s Chirang district this evening, officials said.
The miscreants came in a car and hurled the grenade towards a group of people around 6.30 pm near a wine shop at the railway crossing in Basugaon town, they said, adding one person died on the spot while four others were hurt.
The attack took place in midst of the culmination of the Durga Puja festival and hundreds of people were returning from the immersion procession at that time.
Additional police and paramilitary forces have been rushed to the spot from the district headquarters of Kajalgaon.
Unofficial sources said police recovered another live grenade from the spot. However, officials remain tight-lipped about the recovery.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan