One killed, four injured in grenade blast: Assam
Kokrajhar: One person was killed and four others were injured when unidentified persons lobbed a hand grenade at a busy place in Assam`s Chirang district this evening, officials said.
The miscreants came in a car and hurled the grenade towards a group of people around 6.30 pm near a wine shop at the railway crossing in Basugaon town, they said, adding one person died on the spot while four others were hurt.
The attack took place in midst of the culmination of the Durga Puja festival and hundreds of people were returning from the immersion procession at that time.
Additional police and paramilitary forces have been rushed to the spot from the district headquarters of Kajalgaon.
Unofficial sources said police recovered another live grenade from the spot. However, officials remain tight-lipped about the recovery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ensure single point contact for black money disclosures: CBDT
- 'Incentives announced for textiles will help create jobs'
- REVEALED: ISIS leader Al-Baghdadi's mansion has swimming pool, private zoo - Know more here
- Now ''like'' 360-degree videos in VR on Facebook
- Watch video: Perth zoo rejoices arrival of first Goodfellow's tree kangaroo in thirty-six years!