One killed, four injured in grenade blast: Assam
Kokrajhar: One person was killed and four others were injured when unidentified persons lobbed a hand grenade at a busy place in Assam`s Chirang district this evening, officials said.
The miscreants came in a car and hurled the grenade towards a group of people around 6.30 pm near a wine shop at the railway crossing in Basugaon town, they said, adding one person died on the spot while four others were hurt.
The attack took place in midst of the culmination of the Durga Puja festival and hundreds of people were returning from the immersion procession at that time.
Additional police and paramilitary forces have been rushed to the spot from the district headquarters of Kajalgaon.
Unofficial sources said police recovered another live grenade from the spot. However, officials remain tight-lipped about the recovery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price