One killed, four injured in grenade blast: Assam
Kokrajhar: One person was killed and four others were injured when unidentified persons lobbed a hand grenade at a busy place in Assam`s Chirang district this evening, officials said.
The miscreants came in a car and hurled the grenade towards a group of people around 6.30 pm near a wine shop at the railway crossing in Basugaon town, they said, adding one person died on the spot while four others were hurt.
The attack took place in midst of the culmination of the Durga Puja festival and hundreds of people were returning from the immersion procession at that time.
Additional police and paramilitary forces have been rushed to the spot from the district headquarters of Kajalgaon.
Unofficial sources said police recovered another live grenade from the spot. However, officials remain tight-lipped about the recovery.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Is your Indian passport among those to be declared invalid from November 25, 2015?