One killed, several injured in grenade attack and firing
Kokrajhar/Dhubri: One person was killed and several others were seriously injured in grenade attacks and firing by suspected NDFB (Songbijit) militants in lower Assam`s Kokrajhar district on Sunday, police said.
A group of extremists came in two motorcycles and hurled two grenades in the remote Molandubi Bazar of Kazigaon sub-division around 2 PM, they said.
The ultras then opened indiscriminate fire on the people killing a businessman, Mokleb Ali, on the spot. Several others were seriously injured in the firing and grenade blast.
The exact number of injured was not immediately known as some were taken to hospitals in neighbouring Dhubri district and others to the adjacent areas in West Bengal, police said, adding senior police officers rushed to the spot.
Immediately after the attack, the insurgents fled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof