One killed, three injured in firing
Dibrugarh: One person was killed
and three others were seriously injured when CISF personnel
opened fire to disperse irate labourers at the Brahmaputra
Cracker and Polymer Limited (BCPL) headquarters in Assam`s
Dibrugarh district on Friday, police said.
Some labourers and CISF personnel, posted at the
factory gates in Lepetkata, had an argument which led to a
scuffle and the labourers began pelting stones at the security
The CISF opened fire to disperse the crowd and in the
ensuing melee four labourers were seriously injured and one of
them died on way to the hospital.
The labourers then launched a blockade outside the
The police brought the situation under control by
making the labourers withdraw the blockade.
Superintendent of Police, Dibrugarh, Arabinda Kalita
said that the situation has been brought under control but
tension prevailed in the area where additional police forces
have been posted.
BCPL is a joint venture of GAIL, ONGC, Oil India
Limited, Numaligarh Refinery Limited (NRL) and Assam
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued