One killed, three injured in firing
Dibrugarh: One person was killed
and three others were seriously injured when CISF personnel
opened fire to disperse irate labourers at the Brahmaputra
Cracker and Polymer Limited (BCPL) headquarters in Assam`s
Dibrugarh district on Friday, police said.
Some labourers and CISF personnel, posted at the
factory gates in Lepetkata, had an argument which led to a
scuffle and the labourers began pelting stones at the security
The CISF opened fire to disperse the crowd and in the
ensuing melee four labourers were seriously injured and one of
them died on way to the hospital.
The labourers then launched a blockade outside the
The police brought the situation under control by
making the labourers withdraw the blockade.
Superintendent of Police, Dibrugarh, Arabinda Kalita
said that the situation has been brought under control but
tension prevailed in the area where additional police forces
have been posted.
BCPL is a joint venture of GAIL, ONGC, Oil India
Limited, Numaligarh Refinery Limited (NRL) and Assam
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!