One woman injured, houses damaged in Guwahati landslides
Guwahati: A woman was injured and several houses were damaged in landslides in different parts of Guwahati following incessant rains.
The woman was injured when a stone wall above her house on a hill in Kamakhya area collapsed as the soil underneath it loosened due to the rains, police said.
Four other houses were also damaged in the area, police said.
In nearby Pandu area, five thatched houses were flattened in yet another landslide, but none was hurt.
Some other houses were also reported to have been damaged in the Pub-Sarania Hill area due to another landslide.
Rain waters caused water-logging in a large part of the city, including on arterial GS Road, GNB Road and RG Barooah Road besides in residential areas of Anil Nagar, Tarun Nagar, Pilingakata, Nabin Nagar, Lachit Nagar, Rajgarh Road and other low-lying areas.
Angry locals blocked the road at Anil Nagar, demanding that the civic authorities address the artificial floods.
Rain water rolling down from neighbouring Meghalaya hills also submerged Pilingakata area of the city along the inter-state boundary, official sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan