Opposition members disrupt Assam Governor`s address in House
Guwahati: AGP, BJP and AIUDF members disrupted the customary address of Governor Janaki Ballav Patnaik to the Assam Assembly on Monday.
The Governor left the House within two minutes of beginning his speech with opposition members protesting his statement that the security scenario had improved in Assam.
His speech was considered to be read.
Patnaik said, "The security scenario has improved with a number of insurgent groups joining the mainstream.
"There is a general realisation today that only engagement in the democratic process can enable diverse groups to fulfil their aspirations where violence cannot provide any solution," he said.
Patnaik said by achieving the target production of 61 lakh MT rice and 64.32 lakh MT food grains, the overall agriculture growth of the state would be seven per cent during 2013-14.
"The area of double cropping is anticipated to increase up to 15.46 lakh hectares during 2013-14 against 14.06 lakh hectares in 2012-13," Patnaik said.
The government, he said, would take up programmes on pulse and oilseeds to put the state toward self-sufficiency during 2014-15.
To boost farm mechanisation, the government has provided 6,596 tractors, 25,606 power tillers and 608 rotary tillers to farmers from 2001-02 to 2012-13.
"During 2014-15, my government has proposed to distribute 10,000 power tillers at 50 per cent subsidy to increase available farm power in the state," he said.
Under the dairy sector, milk processing capacity has increased from 15,000 litres per day in 2006-07 to 1,18,000 litres a day in 2013-14.
"Initiatives have been taken to establish five modern commercial dairy farms with 80 high-yielding milch cows in each farm to promote commercial dairy farming in the state," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi