Over a thousand affected due to erosion by BrahmapUTRA
Morigaon (Assam): More than one thousand people in five villages, with two completely washed away, have been severely affected following unabated erosion by River Brahmaputra for the last few days in Assam`s Morigaon district.
Erosion took a grim turn in Mayong Revenue Circle`s when two villages Bormari Pam and Bormari were completely submerged in the Brahmaputra during the last three days, rendering 300 families homeless, official sources said today.
The affected people have been shifted to safer places.
Three more villages, Kacharigaon, Gagolmari and Bahakabari, have been partially eroded rendering more than hundred families homeless.
The district administration has initiated measures to shift the affected families to safer places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review