Over a thousand affected due to erosion by BrahmapUTRA
Morigaon (Assam): More than one thousand people in five villages, with two completely washed away, have been severely affected following unabated erosion by River Brahmaputra for the last few days in Assam`s Morigaon district.
Erosion took a grim turn in Mayong Revenue Circle`s when two villages Bormari Pam and Bormari were completely submerged in the Brahmaputra during the last three days, rendering 300 families homeless, official sources said today.
The affected people have been shifted to safer places.
Three more villages, Kacharigaon, Gagolmari and Bahakabari, have been partially eroded rendering more than hundred families homeless.
The district administration has initiated measures to shift the affected families to safer places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL