Panchayat President and Secretary seriously injured
Rangiya: The president and secretary of a village panchayat, were shot at and seriously injured by miscreants in Kamrup (rural) district on friday.
President of Saniyadi village panchayat Mokibur Ali and Secretary Mojinur Ali had withdrawn Rs 2.60 lakh from a bank and were on way to Guwahati when they were fired upon by seven motorcycle borne youths at Agiathuri area.
Both of them were admitted to the Guwahati Medical College Hospital.
A massive search operation has been launched to nab them, the police said.
- 'Russian Doll' galaxy cluster decodes information about dark energy
- New Facebook, Messenger and Instagram apps launched for Windows 10
- Archery World Cup: Women recurve team shocks top seed Germany to make final
- India asks China to halt construction in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir
- Have scientists found the elixir of youth?