Panchayat President and Secretary seriously injured
Rangiya: The president and secretary of a village panchayat, were shot at and seriously injured by miscreants in Kamrup (rural) district on friday.
President of Saniyadi village panchayat Mokibur Ali and Secretary Mojinur Ali had withdrawn Rs 2.60 lakh from a bank and were on way to Guwahati when they were fired upon by seven motorcycle borne youths at Agiathuri area.
Both of them were admitted to the Guwahati Medical College Hospital.
A massive search operation has been launched to nab them, the police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'