Panchayat President and Secretary seriously injured
Rangiya: The president and secretary of a village panchayat, were shot at and seriously injured by miscreants in Kamrup (rural) district on friday.
President of Saniyadi village panchayat Mokibur Ali and Secretary Mojinur Ali had withdrawn Rs 2.60 lakh from a bank and were on way to Guwahati when they were fired upon by seven motorcycle borne youths at Agiathuri area.
Both of them were admitted to the Guwahati Medical College Hospital.
A massive search operation has been launched to nab them, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bipasha Basu speaks about husband Karan Singh Grover’s previous marriages - Click here to read
- IPL 2016: Andre Russell's injury badly hurt Kolkata Knight Riders' chances of winning third title
- Revealed! Samsung to launch Galaxy C5, Galaxy C7 today; pics leaked ahead of launch
- Gujarat Patel quota agitation leader Hardik Patel to be produced in court for insulting tricolour
- Market extends gains: Sensex zooms over 500 points; Nifty recaptures 8,000-mark