Pandemonium in Assam assembly
by the principal opposition party, the All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF),
following alleged unparliamentarily remarks by the speaker.
Trouble started after AIUDF members stormed the well
of the assembly expressing dissatisfaction over a reply
by Irrigation Minister Ardhendu Kumey Dey to questions on
flood control and release of funds for erosion affected
Speaker Pranab Gogoi made some remarks while trying to
calm the agitating AIUDF members. But the remark was not
audible in the din.
Following this the AIUDF MLAs, led by their leader
Sirajuddin Ajmal, staged a walk out.
Later talking to reporters Ajmal announced that his
party will henceforth boycott proceedings of the house till
the Speaker withdraws his remarks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside