Pandemonium in Assam assembly
by the principal opposition party, the All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF),
following alleged unparliamentarily remarks by the speaker.
Trouble started after AIUDF members stormed the well
of the assembly expressing dissatisfaction over a reply
by Irrigation Minister Ardhendu Kumey Dey to questions on
flood control and release of funds for erosion affected
Speaker Pranab Gogoi made some remarks while trying to
calm the agitating AIUDF members. But the remark was not
audible in the din.
Following this the AIUDF MLAs, led by their leader
Sirajuddin Ajmal, staged a walk out.
Later talking to reporters Ajmal announced that his
party will henceforth boycott proceedings of the house till
the Speaker withdraws his remarks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry