Pandemonium in Assam assembly
by the principal opposition party, the All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF),
following alleged unparliamentarily remarks by the speaker.
Trouble started after AIUDF members stormed the well
of the assembly expressing dissatisfaction over a reply
by Irrigation Minister Ardhendu Kumey Dey to questions on
flood control and release of funds for erosion affected
Speaker Pranab Gogoi made some remarks while trying to
calm the agitating AIUDF members. But the remark was not
audible in the din.
Following this the AIUDF MLAs, led by their leader
Sirajuddin Ajmal, staged a walk out.
Later talking to reporters Ajmal announced that his
party will henceforth boycott proceedings of the house till
the Speaker withdraws his remarks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone