Pandemonium in Assam assembly
by the principal opposition party, the All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF),
following alleged unparliamentarily remarks by the speaker.
Trouble started after AIUDF members stormed the well
of the assembly expressing dissatisfaction over a reply
by Irrigation Minister Ardhendu Kumey Dey to questions on
flood control and release of funds for erosion affected
Speaker Pranab Gogoi made some remarks while trying to
calm the agitating AIUDF members. But the remark was not
audible in the din.
Following this the AIUDF MLAs, led by their leader
Sirajuddin Ajmal, staged a walk out.
Later talking to reporters Ajmal announced that his
party will henceforth boycott proceedings of the house till
the Speaker withdraws his remarks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption