Pandemonium in Assam assembly
by the principal opposition party, the All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF),
following alleged unparliamentarily remarks by the speaker.
Trouble started after AIUDF members stormed the well
of the assembly expressing dissatisfaction over a reply
by Irrigation Minister Ardhendu Kumey Dey to questions on
flood control and release of funds for erosion affected
Speaker Pranab Gogoi made some remarks while trying to
calm the agitating AIUDF members. But the remark was not
audible in the din.
Following this the AIUDF MLAs, led by their leader
Sirajuddin Ajmal, staged a walk out.
Later talking to reporters Ajmal announced that his
party will henceforth boycott proceedings of the house till
the Speaker withdraws his remarks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...