Paresh Baruah comes out in support of Akhil Gogoi
Guwahati: The anti-talk faction of the
ULFA today came out in support of farmers` leader Akhil Gogoi
and asked people of the state to help him in carrying forward
In a e-mail statement, the banned group`s elusive
`commander-in-chief` Paresh Baruah urged the people to support
the arrested Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti (KMSS) chief.
"We should support Gogoi for his continuous struggle
against capitalists," Baruah said.
Gogoi is currently in judicial custody after he was
arrested following a violent demonstration to protest against
eviction drive which led to the killing of three persons here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding