Parliamentary team concerned over rhino killings in Kaziranga
Kaziranga: Expressing serious concern over the killing of rhinos by poachers at the Kaziranga National Park, a parliamentary standing committee team has assured to take up the matter with the concerned central ministries for tackling the poaching menace.
A member of the high-level eight-member team of the Ministry of Petroleum, Oil and Natural Gas visiting Kaziranga told reporters today that they assured the KNP authority to take up their concern to the departments responsible for finding immediate solution to poaching that killed over 34 rhinos since January this year.
The team discussed with the KNP authority on how to stop the killing and preserve the Great Indian One-horn Rhinoceros in their habitat in the World Heritage Site here.
The team also went on an elephant safari in the Park`s Kohora Range densely populated with wild animals, including the endangered rhino, KNP Director Niranjan Kumar Vasu said.
The Parliamentary Standing Committee comprised five Lok Sabha MPs Sudarshan Bhagat, Kali Ram Yadav, Manda Jaganath, Soma Bhai Kouli Patil and Rao Sahab Gandhi Patil, besides three Rajya Sabha MPs Monsuk L Madibai, Kushum Rai and Gundu Sudharani.
They also took stock of the Numalighar Refinery today at a high-level meeting with the authority of the fourth oil refinery in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'