Passenger train stranded due to technical snag
Morigaon (Assam): Around 1,000 people travelling in the Kolongpar passenger train were stranded for over two hours after the train developed technical snag in Morigaon district of central Assam this morning.
Railway officials said the Guwahati-bound passenger train developed a snag at Barahu, near the Jagiraod train station, at around 8.30 am.
The train was on its way from Nagaon to Guwahati. Authorities are still investigating the reason for the snag.
The stranded passengers were later brought to Guwahati in the Silghat-Kamakhya passenger train.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"