Passenger train stranded due to technical snag
Morigaon (Assam): Around 1,000 people travelling in the Kolongpar passenger train were stranded for over two hours after the train developed technical snag in Morigaon district of central Assam this morning.
Railway officials said the Guwahati-bound passenger train developed a snag at Barahu, near the Jagiraod train station, at around 8.30 am.
The train was on its way from Nagaon to Guwahati. Authorities are still investigating the reason for the snag.
The stranded passengers were later brought to Guwahati in the Silghat-Kamakhya passenger train.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers