Passenger train stranded due to technical snag
Morigaon (Assam): Around 1,000 people travelling in the Kolongpar passenger train were stranded for over two hours after the train developed technical snag in Morigaon district of central Assam this morning.
Railway officials said the Guwahati-bound passenger train developed a snag at Barahu, near the Jagiraod train station, at around 8.30 am.
The train was on its way from Nagaon to Guwahati. Authorities are still investigating the reason for the snag.
The stranded passengers were later brought to Guwahati in the Silghat-Kamakhya passenger train.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand