`People in border areas not confident about central security`
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Tuesday said the people living along the Assam-Nagaland border and the inmates of the relief camps do not have confidence in the central security forces deployed along the disputed belt.
After visiting the violence-hit Uriamghat in Assam`s Golaghat district bordering Nagaland, the Chief Minister in a statement here said the people living along the border areas want the reinforcement of state security forces for their safety and security.
"This shows their confidence in the state security forces. The people have faith in the Government of Assam and not in the Central Government regarding their security in the border areas", Gogoi
The Chief Minister also thanked the people for their trust and confidence in the state security forces.
Altogether, nine people have been killed by miscreants from neighbouring Nagaland on August 12 while nearly 10,000 people have fled their homes from seven villages in the district and taken shelter in relief camps set up by the district administration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened