`People in border areas not confident about central security`
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Tuesday said the people living along the Assam-Nagaland border and the inmates of the relief camps do not have confidence in the central security forces deployed along the disputed belt.
After visiting the violence-hit Uriamghat in Assam`s Golaghat district bordering Nagaland, the Chief Minister in a statement here said the people living along the border areas want the reinforcement of state security forces for their safety and security.
"This shows their confidence in the state security forces. The people have faith in the Government of Assam and not in the Central Government regarding their security in the border areas", Gogoi
The Chief Minister also thanked the people for their trust and confidence in the state security forces.
Altogether, nine people have been killed by miscreants from neighbouring Nagaland on August 12 while nearly 10,000 people have fled their homes from seven villages in the district and taken shelter in relief camps set up by the district administration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?