Pilotless aircraft to fly over Kaziranga Park
Jorhat: A pilotless aircraft will keep a vigil on the Kaziranga National Park where animals are in disarray after a large part of the world famous sanctuary was flooded, and also to help deal with poaching.
Secretary of the National Tiger Conservation Authority, Rajesh Gopal, said here today the step has been taken after a team of the authority, which would fund the project, conducted an aerial survey last week and found that the situation was critical with nearly the entire park flooded.
"We hope that this use of a pilotless aircraft will help tackle both flooding and poaching in and around the World Heritage Site Park," Gopal said.
NTCA will fund the project with the help of Assam Government`s Forest Department and it will be executed by Wild Life Institute of India.
The remote-controlled aircraft, which can fly over the park continuously for four hours, is sound-less, pollution free and will carry sophisticated, high power and high range cameras.
The aircraft will be pressed into service during any emergency or for any requirement of the park and it will click photographs within the forest area and outside.
"This will help the park authorities to know and trap any anti-social element trying to commit crime while before and during the floods, necessary precautionary measures can also be taken," Gopal said.
Another team of experts will arrive here from New Delhi within a day or two for detailed survey and study.
During the floods, the animals usually move to the highlands in neighbouring Karbi Anglong district and the aircraft will also help the park authorities in tracking and monitoring the animals, Gopal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what