Pilotless aircraft to fly over Kaziranga Park
Jorhat: A pilotless aircraft will keep a vigil on the Kaziranga National Park where animals are in disarray after a large part of the world famous sanctuary was flooded, and also to help deal with poaching.
Secretary of the National Tiger Conservation Authority, Rajesh Gopal, said here today the step has been taken after a team of the authority, which would fund the project, conducted an aerial survey last week and found that the situation was critical with nearly the entire park flooded.
"We hope that this use of a pilotless aircraft will help tackle both flooding and poaching in and around the World Heritage Site Park," Gopal said.
NTCA will fund the project with the help of Assam Government`s Forest Department and it will be executed by Wild Life Institute of India.
The remote-controlled aircraft, which can fly over the park continuously for four hours, is sound-less, pollution free and will carry sophisticated, high power and high range cameras.
The aircraft will be pressed into service during any emergency or for any requirement of the park and it will click photographs within the forest area and outside.
"This will help the park authorities to know and trap any anti-social element trying to commit crime while before and during the floods, necessary precautionary measures can also be taken," Gopal said.
Another team of experts will arrive here from New Delhi within a day or two for detailed survey and study.
During the floods, the animals usually move to the highlands in neighbouring Karbi Anglong district and the aircraft will also help the park authorities in tracking and monitoring the animals, Gopal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof