Plying of boats on Brahmaputra temporarily suspended
Guwahati: Inland Water Transport (IWT) department has temporarily suspended plying of any boat, both mechanised or manual, on Brahmaputra from today due to the rising of water level of the river in Assam capital.
For convenience of the general people additional Assam State Transport Corporation city buses would ply to and from north Guwahati to here till the water level of the river comes down to its normal level, a release by Kamrup (Metro) district administration said.
Guwahati falls in Kamrup (Metro) district while north Guwahati situated on the other side of the river falls under Kamrup (Rural) district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM