Plying of boats on Brahmaputra temporarily suspended
Guwahati: Inland Water Transport (IWT) department has temporarily suspended plying of any boat, both mechanised or manual, on Brahmaputra from today due to the rising of water level of the river in Assam capital.
For convenience of the general people additional Assam State Transport Corporation city buses would ply to and from north Guwahati to here till the water level of the river comes down to its normal level, a release by Kamrup (Metro) district administration said.
Guwahati falls in Kamrup (Metro) district while north Guwahati situated on the other side of the river falls under Kamrup (Rural) district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says