PM assures all help for Assam flood victims
New Delhi: With floods leaving 12 dead and lakhs homeless in Assam, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Tuesday enquired about the situation from the state government and assured it of all help in rescue and relief measures.
The Prime Minister called Assam`s Disaster Management Minister Prithvi Majhi to enquire about the situation in the state, the Prime Minister`s Office said.
He "expressed concern" over the flood situation in Assam and assured the state government of all help in the rescue and relief operations, it said in a statement.
At least 12 people have died in the floods in Assam and nearly 15 lakh people have been rendered homeless.
The National Disaster Relief Force (NDRF), State Disaster Relief Force (SDRF), Army and para military forces are carrying out rescue and relief operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?