PM assures all help for Assam flood victims
New Delhi: With floods leaving 12 dead and lakhs homeless in Assam, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Tuesday enquired about the situation from the state government and assured it of all help in rescue and relief measures.
The Prime Minister called Assam`s Disaster Management Minister Prithvi Majhi to enquire about the situation in the state, the Prime Minister`s Office said.
He "expressed concern" over the flood situation in Assam and assured the state government of all help in the rescue and relief operations, it said in a statement.
At least 12 people have died in the floods in Assam and nearly 15 lakh people have been rendered homeless.
The National Disaster Relief Force (NDRF), State Disaster Relief Force (SDRF), Army and para military forces are carrying out rescue and relief operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch