PM assures all help for Assam flood victims
New Delhi: With floods leaving 12 dead and lakhs homeless in Assam, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Tuesday enquired about the situation from the state government and assured it of all help in rescue and relief measures.
The Prime Minister called Assam`s Disaster Management Minister Prithvi Majhi to enquire about the situation in the state, the Prime Minister`s Office said.
He "expressed concern" over the flood situation in Assam and assured the state government of all help in the rescue and relief operations, it said in a statement.
At least 12 people have died in the floods in Assam and nearly 15 lakh people have been rendered homeless.
The National Disaster Relief Force (NDRF), State Disaster Relief Force (SDRF), Army and para military forces are carrying out rescue and relief operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender