PM assures all help for Assam flood victims
New Delhi: With floods leaving 12 dead and lakhs homeless in Assam, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Tuesday enquired about the situation from the state government and assured it of all help in rescue and relief measures.
The Prime Minister called Assam`s Disaster Management Minister Prithvi Majhi to enquire about the situation in the state, the Prime Minister`s Office said.
He "expressed concern" over the flood situation in Assam and assured the state government of all help in the rescue and relief operations, it said in a statement.
At least 12 people have died in the floods in Assam and nearly 15 lakh people have been rendered homeless.
The National Disaster Relief Force (NDRF), State Disaster Relief Force (SDRF), Army and para military forces are carrying out rescue and relief operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love