PM urged to take steps to restore peace in Assam
Bhopal: Expressing concern over incidents of violence against Muslims in Assam and the neighbouring country Myanmar, `Minority United Organisation` (MUO) here today submitted a memorandum, addressed to the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Madhya Pradesh Governor Ram Naresh Yadav.
The memorandum demanded that PM take immediate steps to restore peace in Assam so that Muslims could return to their homes.
MUO president, Arif Masood, also urged the Prime Minister to summon the Myanmar Ambassador and ask him to take all possible steps for restoring peace in that country.
Masood also demanded removal of Assam Chief Minister, Tarun Gogoi, for failing to provide security to the minority community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding