PM urged to take steps to restore peace in Assam
Bhopal: Expressing concern over incidents of violence against Muslims in Assam and the neighbouring country Myanmar, `Minority United Organisation` (MUO) here today submitted a memorandum, addressed to the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Madhya Pradesh Governor Ram Naresh Yadav.
The memorandum demanded that PM take immediate steps to restore peace in Assam so that Muslims could return to their homes.
MUO president, Arif Masood, also urged the Prime Minister to summon the Myanmar Ambassador and ask him to take all possible steps for restoring peace in that country.
Masood also demanded removal of Assam Chief Minister, Tarun Gogoi, for failing to provide security to the minority community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter