PM urged to take steps to restore peace in Assam
Bhopal: Expressing concern over incidents of violence against Muslims in Assam and the neighbouring country Myanmar, `Minority United Organisation` (MUO) here today submitted a memorandum, addressed to the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Madhya Pradesh Governor Ram Naresh Yadav.
The memorandum demanded that PM take immediate steps to restore peace in Assam so that Muslims could return to their homes.
MUO president, Arif Masood, also urged the Prime Minister to summon the Myanmar Ambassador and ask him to take all possible steps for restoring peace in that country.
Masood also demanded removal of Assam Chief Minister, Tarun Gogoi, for failing to provide security to the minority community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY