PM urged to take steps to restore peace in Assam
Bhopal: Expressing concern over incidents of violence against Muslims in Assam and the neighbouring country Myanmar, `Minority United Organisation` (MUO) here today submitted a memorandum, addressed to the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Madhya Pradesh Governor Ram Naresh Yadav.
The memorandum demanded that PM take immediate steps to restore peace in Assam so that Muslims could return to their homes.
MUO president, Arif Masood, also urged the Prime Minister to summon the Myanmar Ambassador and ask him to take all possible steps for restoring peace in that country.
Masood also demanded removal of Assam Chief Minister, Tarun Gogoi, for failing to provide security to the minority community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Save your mobile data! Google Maps to get Wi-Fi only mode and more for Android
- Pakistan dismissive of India's decision to withdraw diplomats' kids
- Over 58,000 affected in floods in West Bengal, authorities issues red alert in Jalpaiguri
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases
- "Come join me in the sacred land of ISIS" - Missing Kerala youth invites his family