PM urged to take steps to restore peace in Assam
Bhopal: Expressing concern over incidents of violence against Muslims in Assam and the neighbouring country Myanmar, `Minority United Organisation` (MUO) here today submitted a memorandum, addressed to the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Madhya Pradesh Governor Ram Naresh Yadav.
The memorandum demanded that PM take immediate steps to restore peace in Assam so that Muslims could return to their homes.
MUO president, Arif Masood, also urged the Prime Minister to summon the Myanmar Ambassador and ask him to take all possible steps for restoring peace in that country.
Masood also demanded removal of Assam Chief Minister, Tarun Gogoi, for failing to provide security to the minority community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj