Police association mourns death of SP, PSO
Guwahati: The Assam Police Service Officers Association on Saturday mourned the demise of Hamren Superintendent of Police Nitya Nanda Goswami and his personal security officer (PSO) constable Ratul Nunisa in an encounter with extremists.
In a condolence message here today, the members of the association said, "The death of the two brave officers is a great loss to the people of the state and the Assam police. We offer our sincere homage to the two warriors.
"Their supreme sacrifice will always inspire the officers and jawans of Assam Police. Their commitment, dedication and devotion to the nation and people will always be remembered with respect," the message said.
The encounter took place in Karbi Anglong district on Thursday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP