Police association mourns death of SP, PSO
Guwahati: The Assam Police Service Officers Association on Saturday mourned the demise of Hamren Superintendent of Police Nitya Nanda Goswami and his personal security officer (PSO) constable Ratul Nunisa in an encounter with extremists.
In a condolence message here today, the members of the association said, "The death of the two brave officers is a great loss to the people of the state and the Assam police. We offer our sincere homage to the two warriors.
"Their supreme sacrifice will always inspire the officers and jawans of Assam Police. Their commitment, dedication and devotion to the nation and people will always be remembered with respect," the message said.
The encounter took place in Karbi Anglong district on Thursday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi