Police constable commits suicide in Assam
Udalguri: A police constable allegedly shot himself dead with his service carbine at the residence of an executive member of the Bodoland Territorial Council in Assam`s Udalguri district Tuesday.
The constable, identified as Tilak Dutta, shot himself at the Tangla residence of Santosh Kumar where he was on duty, police sources said.
Dutta left behind a suicide note stating he was depressed over his illness and was not getting better despite treatment, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug