Police constable commits suicide in Assam
Udalguri: A police constable allegedly shot himself dead with his service carbine at the residence of an executive member of the Bodoland Territorial Council in Assam`s Udalguri district Tuesday.
The constable, identified as Tilak Dutta, shot himself at the Tangla residence of Santosh Kumar where he was on duty, police sources said.
Dutta left behind a suicide note stating he was depressed over his illness and was not getting better despite treatment, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi