Police constable commits suicide in Assam
Udalguri: A police constable allegedly shot himself dead with his service carbine at the residence of an executive member of the Bodoland Territorial Council in Assam`s Udalguri district Tuesday.
The constable, identified as Tilak Dutta, shot himself at the Tangla residence of Santosh Kumar where he was on duty, police sources said.
Dutta left behind a suicide note stating he was depressed over his illness and was not getting better despite treatment, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!