Police constable commits suicide in Assam
Udalguri: A police constable allegedly shot himself dead with his service carbine at the residence of an executive member of the Bodoland Territorial Council in Assam`s Udalguri district Tuesday.
The constable, identified as Tilak Dutta, shot himself at the Tangla residence of Santosh Kumar where he was on duty, police sources said.
Dutta left behind a suicide note stating he was depressed over his illness and was not getting better despite treatment, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH