Police officer killed, five injured in Assam
Guwahati: A police officer was killed and five constables were injured when militants ambushed a patrolling party in Assam`s Sonitpur district Tuesday, police said.
Police said militants belonging to the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) anti-talk faction attacked the police team in Batasipur area.
Additional Superintendent of Police of Sonitpur district Guljar Hussain was killed on the spot, five other police constables were injured.
"The incident took place around 8 am today (Tuesday)," police said.
The condition of three of the injured are said to be critical and have been taken to the Guwahati Medical College and Hospital (GMCH). Two other injured were undergoing treatment at the Civil Hospital in Tezpur, police said.
The anti-talk faction of the outfit had claimed responsibility for the ambush.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB