Police secure leads in Guwahati attack
Guwahati: Police have secured certain leads on Saturday evening`s grenade attack on CRPF personnel in the city, where security has been beefed up since the incident.
Kamrup Metro Senior Superintendent of Police A P Tiwari told PTI a Chinese grenade was used in the attack. "We have some leads regarding the attack and in a day or two we will be able to finish our investigation."
He said officers-in-charge of various police stations in the city have been directed to sort out places where there is threat perception. Besides, security checks have been strengthened and intelligence further upgraded.
Asked about the involvement of anti-talk faction of ULFA in the grenade attack at Paltan Bazar that claimed the life of one CRPF personnel and left 12 injured, he said every time there was any such incident, the outfit immediately owned responsibility.
"We will have to verify all things and complete investigation before we can say anything," he said, adding the CRPF personnel who were attacked were not on duty and were unarmed.
Tiwari claimed that cadres of militant outfits were finding it difficult to operate in Guwahati due to increased surveillance by the police.
"In the last two months we have arrested many cadres of not only ULFA but also of Manipur-based Peoples` Liberation Army and some other groups. In many instances, militants now use the city only as a transit point," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!