Ponzi scheme company managing director detained
Barpeta: The managing director of a ponzi scheme company, who was on the run for over a year, was caught by aggrieved customers and handed over to the police, who detained him.
Managing director of ponzi scheme company `Finix` was caught yesterday by angry depositors who had been cheated by it, police said today.
The depositors alleged that the official, identified as Badarul Islam, had collected crores of rupees from them promising them huge returns.
However, the Barpeta branch closed down after collecting considerable sum of money and all its employees as well as Islam fled the town.
They had been looking for Islam, who was absconding for a year and a half and as soon as he was spotted, people caught him and handed over to the police.
Police said Islam was detained and investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?