Ponzi scheme company managing director detained
Barpeta: The managing director of a ponzi scheme company, who was on the run for over a year, was caught by aggrieved customers and handed over to the police, who detained him.
Managing director of ponzi scheme company `Finix` was caught yesterday by angry depositors who had been cheated by it, police said today.
The depositors alleged that the official, identified as Badarul Islam, had collected crores of rupees from them promising them huge returns.
However, the Barpeta branch closed down after collecting considerable sum of money and all its employees as well as Islam fled the town.
They had been looking for Islam, who was absconding for a year and a half and as soon as he was spotted, people caught him and handed over to the police.
Police said Islam was detained and investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi