Positive mindset among youths augurs well for state: Gogoi
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Sunday said positive change in the mindset of the people, especially among youths, augurs well for the state and will help the state to make "speedy progress" in the future.
"The youths are coming out in large numbers and making their presence felt. They have exhibited their prowess in various fields and brought laurels to the state," Gogoi said after hoisting the flag on the occasion of `Rongali Bihu` at Latshil Bihutoli here.
Greeting the people of Assam on the occasion of Bihu celebrations, he wished for "peace, happiness and prosperity."
"Bihu is the lifeline of Assamese culture. Bihu is keeping our culture and heritage alive and infusing in us a youthful fervour and freshness," Gogoi said.
The Chief Minister said that the Bihu festivity has helped in spreading the messages of love, tolerance and brotherhood feelings among various communities.
"The festivity creates bonhomie and camaraderie among different communities. The festivity teaches us to love the environment... It is quintessentially all about a communion with nature," he said.
"The Bihu festivity is not only joy and merriment but also reminds us of the tasks ahead vis-a-vis building a prosperous Assam," he added.
On the occasion, Gogoi also released a souvenir and a documentary on the historic Latashil Bihutoli dating back to 1952.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read