Postal ballot facility for ex-ultras in designated camps
Guwahati: The Election Commission has notified that the ex-militants lodged in their designated
camps in Assam with their names in the electoral rolls are entitled to vote by Postal Ballot.
In order to implement the Postal Ballot facility to the former insurgents, the EC decided that the Assistant Returning Officers/Nodal Officers appointed for the various camps would be responsible for providing various forms required for the purpose to the voters in the camps, official
The RO/Nodal Officers would also be responsible for collection of sealed envelopes containing Postal Ballot to be dropped in the drop box of concerned assembly constituencies.
The officers will further have to ensure that the marked postal ballots reach the Returning Officer well before the commencement of counting of votes.
The EC gave the notification under section 60 (c ) of the Representation of People Act, 1951 and after consultation with the Central government, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot