Postal ballot facility for ex-ultras in designated camps
Guwahati: The Election Commission has notified that the ex-militants lodged in their designated
camps in Assam with their names in the electoral rolls are entitled to vote by Postal Ballot.
In order to implement the Postal Ballot facility to the former insurgents, the EC decided that the Assistant Returning Officers/Nodal Officers appointed for the various camps would be responsible for providing various forms required for the purpose to the voters in the camps, official
The RO/Nodal Officers would also be responsible for collection of sealed envelopes containing Postal Ballot to be dropped in the drop box of concerned assembly constituencies.
The officers will further have to ensure that the marked postal ballots reach the Returning Officer well before the commencement of counting of votes.
The EC gave the notification under section 60 (c ) of the Representation of People Act, 1951 and after consultation with the Central government, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'