Powerful bomb recovered from train track in Assam
Barpeta (Assam): A powerful bomb was recovered from a train track in Barpeta Road railway station in lower Assam`s Barpeta district on Wednesday, police said.
The explosive, weighing 800 gm and fitted with electrical wires, was hidden under boulders of track number one on platform two.
The bomb was noticed by people at around 9.30 am after the departure of a train and they informed the railway station officials who called in police.
Police cordoned off the area and took away the bomb to be safely defused later.
A letterhead of a little known insurgent outfit `Bengali Sangram Mukti Bahini` was found near the bomb, police sources said.
Movement of trains was disrupted in the area for a few hours and traffic resumed after the bomb was removed.
Security has been intensified in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!