Powerful bomb recovered from train track in Assam
Barpeta (Assam): A powerful bomb was recovered from a train track in Barpeta Road railway station in lower Assam`s Barpeta district on Wednesday, police said.
The explosive, weighing 800 gm and fitted with electrical wires, was hidden under boulders of track number one on platform two.
The bomb was noticed by people at around 9.30 am after the departure of a train and they informed the railway station officials who called in police.
Police cordoned off the area and took away the bomb to be safely defused later.
A letterhead of a little known insurgent outfit `Bengali Sangram Mukti Bahini` was found near the bomb, police sources said.
Movement of trains was disrupted in the area for a few hours and traffic resumed after the bomb was removed.
Security has been intensified in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video