Powerful bomb recovered from train track in Assam
Barpeta (Assam): A powerful bomb was recovered from a train track in Barpeta Road railway station in lower Assam`s Barpeta district on Wednesday, police said.
The explosive, weighing 800 gm and fitted with electrical wires, was hidden under boulders of track number one on platform two.
The bomb was noticed by people at around 9.30 am after the departure of a train and they informed the railway station officials who called in police.
Police cordoned off the area and took away the bomb to be safely defused later.
A letterhead of a little known insurgent outfit `Bengali Sangram Mukti Bahini` was found near the bomb, police sources said.
Movement of trains was disrupted in the area for a few hours and traffic resumed after the bomb was removed.
Security has been intensified in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?