Powerful IED recovered from train at Kamakhya station
Guwahati: A powerful Improvised Explosive Device (IED), weighing nearly seven kgs, was recovered from the coach of a train at Kamakhya Station here Wednesday.
The explosive was found by patrolling Railway Police Force personnel in a bag lying abandoned in Coach No: 11411 of Intercity Alipurduar Express after it arrived this afternoon at the station.
The explosive, timed to explode at 3:55 PM, was found along with fused wires wrapped in a polythene packet, and was kept in a tiffin box in the bag.
Senior RPF officials rushed to the spot and evacuated the passengers in time.
Bomb disposal unit also rushed to the station and took the bomb in its custody and defused it.
In view of the incident, security has been tightened and patrolling intensified in and around railway stations under the North East Frontier Railways in Lower Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview