Powerful IED recovered from train at Kamakhya station
Guwahati: A powerful Improvised Explosive Device (IED), weighing nearly seven kgs, was recovered from the coach of a train at Kamakhya Station here Wednesday.
The explosive was found by patrolling Railway Police Force personnel in a bag lying abandoned in Coach No: 11411 of Intercity Alipurduar Express after it arrived this afternoon at the station.
The explosive, timed to explode at 3:55 PM, was found along with fused wires wrapped in a polythene packet, and was kept in a tiffin box in the bag.
Senior RPF officials rushed to the spot and evacuated the passengers in time.
Bomb disposal unit also rushed to the station and took the bomb in its custody and defused it.
In view of the incident, security has been tightened and patrolling intensified in and around railway stations under the North East Frontier Railways in Lower Assam.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on