Powerful IED recovered in Assam
Guwahati: A powerful Improvised Explosive Device (IED), suspected to be planted by Paresh Barua led ULFA anti-talk faction, was recovered from the backyard of a person`s house in Assam`s Sibsagar district on Thursday, official sources said.
Acting on a tip-off, troops of Army`s 299 Field Regiment recovered the IED, kept inside a bag and found in the backyard of one Tankeswar Kurmi, from Teokhabi village under Sonari police station of the district.
The IED, weighing more than two kgs, was later defused by the army`s bomb disposal squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?