Powerful IED recovered in Assam
Guwahati: A powerful Improvised Explosive Device (IED), suspected to be planted by Paresh Barua led ULFA anti-talk faction, was recovered from the backyard of a person`s house in Assam`s Sibsagar district on Thursday, official sources said.
Acting on a tip-off, troops of Army`s 299 Field Regiment recovered the IED, kept inside a bag and found in the backyard of one Tankeswar Kurmi, from Teokhabi village under Sonari police station of the district.
The IED, weighing more than two kgs, was later defused by the army`s bomb disposal squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj