Powerful IED recovered in Assam
Guwahati: A powerful Improvised Explosive Device (IED), suspected to be planted by Paresh Barua led ULFA anti-talk faction, was recovered from the backyard of a person`s house in Assam`s Sibsagar district on Thursday, official sources said.
Acting on a tip-off, troops of Army`s 299 Field Regiment recovered the IED, kept inside a bag and found in the backyard of one Tankeswar Kurmi, from Teokhabi village under Sonari police station of the district.
The IED, weighing more than two kgs, was later defused by the army`s bomb disposal squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step