Powerful IED recovered in Assam
Guwahati: A powerful Improvised Explosive Device (IED), suspected to be planted by Paresh Barua led ULFA anti-talk faction, was recovered from the backyard of a person`s house in Assam`s Sibsagar district on Thursday, official sources said.
Acting on a tip-off, troops of Army`s 299 Field Regiment recovered the IED, kept inside a bag and found in the backyard of one Tankeswar Kurmi, from Teokhabi village under Sonari police station of the district.
The IED, weighing more than two kgs, was later defused by the army`s bomb disposal squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez