Powerful IED recovered in Assam
Guwahati: A powerful Improvised Explosive Device (IED), suspected to be planted by Paresh Barua led ULFA anti-talk faction, was recovered from the backyard of a person`s house in Assam`s Sibsagar district on Thursday, official sources said.
Acting on a tip-off, troops of Army`s 299 Field Regiment recovered the IED, kept inside a bag and found in the backyard of one Tankeswar Kurmi, from Teokhabi village under Sonari police station of the district.
The IED, weighing more than two kgs, was later defused by the army`s bomb disposal squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug