Powerful IED recovered in Sibsagar
Sibsagar (Assam): A powerful Improvised
Explosive Device(IED), planted by suspected anti-talk ULFA militants, has been recovered near a gas pipeline between two tea gardens in Assam`s Sibsagar district today.
Patrolling Army personnel of 99 Regiment recovered the powerful bomb, weighing more than three kilograms, from Teokghat area under Sonari police station of Charaideo sub-division, official sources said.
The bomb was placed near a pipeline supplying gas to two gardens - Aideopukhuri and Aideobari - and was suspected to be planted by ULFA militants in retaliation of the encounter with police on May 12 last in which a militant was severely injured.
Security forces pointed out that the ULFA has stepped up its activities in the district and had served extortion notices to several individuals and organisations.
The IED was later defused by army`s bomb defusal squad, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more