PP Varma next Chief Secretary of Assam: Gogoi
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Saturday said he has appointed Additional Chief Secretary Prem Prasad Varma as the next Chief Secretary with effect from July 1, 2013.
The incumbent Naba Kumar Das, a 1976 batch IAS officer, will retire on June 30, Gogoi said.
"I have already appointed Varma. Today I am making it public. He will take charge after Das retires on the last day of this month," the Chief Minister told reporters here.
Varma, a 1978 batch IAS officer, is currently the Additional Chief Secretary, Health and Family Welfare, Social Welfare and Public Health Engineering Departments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?