PP Varma next Chief Secretary of Assam: Gogoi
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Saturday said he has appointed Additional Chief Secretary Prem Prasad Varma as the next Chief Secretary with effect from July 1, 2013.
The incumbent Naba Kumar Das, a 1976 batch IAS officer, will retire on June 30, Gogoi said.
"I have already appointed Varma. Today I am making it public. He will take charge after Das retires on the last day of this month," the Chief Minister told reporters here.
Varma, a 1978 batch IAS officer, is currently the Additional Chief Secretary, Health and Family Welfare, Social Welfare and Public Health Engineering Departments.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India