President Pranab Mukherjee arrives on two-day Meghalaya, Assam visit
Guwahati: President Pranab Mukherjee arrived here on Monday on a two-day visit to Meghalaya and Assam.
He was received by Governor JB Patnaik at the Lokopriyo Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport.
The President arrived in a special IAF aircraft and directly left for Shillong by a helicopter.
In Meghalaya, the President will address the members of the state assembly today in Shillong. Tomorrow, he is scheduled to inaugurate the Innovation Club and attend the North-Eastern Hill University convocation, according to official sources.
Arriving here tomorrow in Assam, Mukherjee will inaugurate a national seminar Continuing Legal Education and Children and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
The seminar is organised by the Bar Council of Assam, Nagaland, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim to mark the closing of its golden jubilee celebrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes