President Pranab Mukherjee arrives on two-day Meghalaya, Assam visit
Guwahati: President Pranab Mukherjee arrived here on Monday on a two-day visit to Meghalaya and Assam.
He was received by Governor JB Patnaik at the Lokopriyo Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport.
The President arrived in a special IAF aircraft and directly left for Shillong by a helicopter.
In Meghalaya, the President will address the members of the state assembly today in Shillong. Tomorrow, he is scheduled to inaugurate the Innovation Club and attend the North-Eastern Hill University convocation, according to official sources.
Arriving here tomorrow in Assam, Mukherjee will inaugurate a national seminar Continuing Legal Education and Children and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
The seminar is organised by the Bar Council of Assam, Nagaland, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim to mark the closing of its golden jubilee celebrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam