President Pranab Mukherjee arrives on two-day Meghalaya, Assam visit
Guwahati: President Pranab Mukherjee arrived here on Monday on a two-day visit to Meghalaya and Assam.
He was received by Governor JB Patnaik at the Lokopriyo Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport.
The President arrived in a special IAF aircraft and directly left for Shillong by a helicopter.
In Meghalaya, the President will address the members of the state assembly today in Shillong. Tomorrow, he is scheduled to inaugurate the Innovation Club and attend the North-Eastern Hill University convocation, according to official sources.
Arriving here tomorrow in Assam, Mukherjee will inaugurate a national seminar Continuing Legal Education and Children and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
The seminar is organised by the Bar Council of Assam, Nagaland, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim to mark the closing of its golden jubilee celebrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'