Pro-talk ULFA team to hold talks in Delhi
Guwahati: An eight-member pro-talk ULFA team, led by its `chairman` Arabinda Rajkhowa, will hold talks with Union home ministry officials for arriving at a political
solution to the vexed insurgency issue.
The team, which also includes `vice chairman` Pradip Gogoi, `deputy-commander-in-chief` Raju Baruah, `foreign secretary` Sasadhar Choudhury, `finance secretary` Chitrabon Hazarika, `cultural secretary` Pranati Deka, `publicity secretary` Mithinga Daimary and political ideologue Bhimkanta Buragohain, today left for New Delhi to hold preliminary talks with the Centre.
Prior to their departure, Rajkhowa told reporters at the Lokapriya Gopinath Bordoloi International airport here that the aim of the preliminary talks with union home ministry officials will be to arrive at a political solution.
"We have prepared a charter of demands, which we have finalised in our recent meeting in Nalbari. The charter does not include the call for sovereignty," he said.
The pro-talk ULFA team had met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh last February.
The elusive self styled `commander-in-chief` Paresh Baruah who led the anti-talk faction has so far opposed any negotiation with the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 2016 Final: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs SunRisers Hyderabad — Possible XIs, Date, Time, Venue, TV Listing, Live Streaming
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- FIs can obtain self-certification via internet banking: CBDT
- Tata Communications Q4 net loss widens to Rs 205 crore