Pro-talk ULFA team to hold talks in Delhi
Guwahati: An eight-member pro-talk ULFA team, led by its `chairman` Arabinda Rajkhowa, will hold talks with Union home ministry officials for arriving at a political
solution to the vexed insurgency issue.
The team, which also includes `vice chairman` Pradip Gogoi, `deputy-commander-in-chief` Raju Baruah, `foreign secretary` Sasadhar Choudhury, `finance secretary` Chitrabon Hazarika, `cultural secretary` Pranati Deka, `publicity secretary` Mithinga Daimary and political ideologue Bhimkanta Buragohain, today left for New Delhi to hold preliminary talks with the Centre.
Prior to their departure, Rajkhowa told reporters at the Lokapriya Gopinath Bordoloi International airport here that the aim of the preliminary talks with union home ministry officials will be to arrive at a political solution.
"We have prepared a charter of demands, which we have finalised in our recent meeting in Nalbari. The charter does not include the call for sovereignty," he said.
The pro-talk ULFA team had met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh last February.
The elusive self styled `commander-in-chief` Paresh Baruah who led the anti-talk faction has so far opposed any negotiation with the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!