Probe ordered into death of three infants in Assam
Guwahati: The Assam Human Rights Commission (AHRC) on Wednesday ordered a magisterial inquiry into the death of three infants, including a pair of twins, in the Gauhati Medical College Hospital (GMCH) recently.
AHRC chairman Justice Aftab H Saikia and member Tarun Phookan ordered the inquiry into two separate cases leading to the death of the infants due to the alleged neglect by some doctors and nurses of GMCH`s Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics.
In the first case, the wife of Bidyut Ranjan Bharali who was admitted for her delivery in the department on March 3 developed complications leading to an operation which resulted in the death of the baby.
In the second case, a woman Mamoni Thakuria delivered twin babies on May 28 last but they fell ill immediately after their birth. The attending doctors and nurses allegedly did not attend to the babies even after being repeatedly approached by the family members.
The AHRC passed two separate orders directing the Kamrup (Metro) Deputy Commissioner to inquire into the cases and submit the respective reports within one month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you