Prohibitory orders in Kamrup Metropolitan
Guwahati: Prohibitory orders under Section 144 CRPC were today promulgated with immediate effect in Assam`s Kamrup Metropolitan district.
The order issued by Kamrup Metropolitan Additional District Magistrate Dipak Choudhury prohibits assembly of five or more persons at any public place, carrying of arms and ammunition, explosive substances, weapons of any nature in any public places or vehicles and all vehicular traffic including two or three wheelers, an official release said.
The order, which will be in force until further orders, also prohibits procession and shouting slogans inciting communal violence in any public places/roads, gambling in any public places and use of loud speakers throughout entire district of Kamrup Metropolitan.
Any person aggrieved at this order is, however, at liberty to appear before the Additional District Magistrate within fifteen days, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors