Prohibitory orders in Kamrup Metropolitan
Guwahati: Prohibitory orders under Section 144 CRPC were today promulgated with immediate effect in Assam`s Kamrup Metropolitan district.
The order issued by Kamrup Metropolitan Additional District Magistrate Dipak Choudhury prohibits assembly of five or more persons at any public place, carrying of arms and ammunition, explosive substances, weapons of any nature in any public places or vehicles and all vehicular traffic including two or three wheelers, an official release said.
The order, which will be in force until further orders, also prohibits procession and shouting slogans inciting communal violence in any public places/roads, gambling in any public places and use of loud speakers throughout entire district of Kamrup Metropolitan.
Any person aggrieved at this order is, however, at liberty to appear before the Additional District Magistrate within fifteen days, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption