Prohibitory orders in Kamrup Metropolitan
Guwahati: Prohibitory orders under Section 144 CRPC were today promulgated with immediate effect in Assam`s Kamrup Metropolitan district.
The order issued by Kamrup Metropolitan Additional District Magistrate Dipak Choudhury prohibits assembly of five or more persons at any public place, carrying of arms and ammunition, explosive substances, weapons of any nature in any public places or vehicles and all vehicular traffic including two or three wheelers, an official release said.
The order, which will be in force until further orders, also prohibits procession and shouting slogans inciting communal violence in any public places/roads, gambling in any public places and use of loud speakers throughout entire district of Kamrup Metropolitan.
Any person aggrieved at this order is, however, at liberty to appear before the Additional District Magistrate within fifteen days, the release added.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Recovery across key sectors 'surprisingly strong': Nomura
- Took liberty to up entertainment quotient in 'Azhar': Emraan Hashmi
- PHOTO: Vintage Sachin! When Master Blaster turned out for Yorkshire
- AgustaWestland scam: Arvind Kejriwal dares BJP to arrest Congress chief Sonia Gandhi
- VITEEE 2016 exam results declared! Check VIT Engineering Entrance Examination ranks now