Prohibitory orders on border in Assam`s Cachar
Silchar: Prohibitory orders have been imposed in areas along the international border with Bangladesh in Assam`s Cachar district with immediate effect for two months.
The orders promulgated routinely under 144 Cr P C for maintenance of law and order prohibited people`s movement within a one km area of the international border from 8 pm to 5 am every day, a government notification said on Saturday.
None could go to the bank of Surama river and fishing was not allowed without permission during the hours when the prohibitory orders were in force.
Transport of sugar, rice, salt and oil among other things on push carts, rickshaw or any other mode was disallowed within the area, the orders imposed by the Deputy Commissioner and District Magistrate added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan