Quake jolts Assam, parts of north-east
Guwahati: A mild intensity earthquake shook Assam and parts of the north-eastern region today.
The quake with a magnitude of 3.1 on the Richter scale shook the region at 1:13 PM. The epicentre of the quake was in central Assam`s Morigaon region.
There was no report of damage to life or property so far, officials said.
There are also reports of tremors being felt in some parts of the north-east region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Rio Olympics after-effects: Marathon runner OP Jaisha also tests positive for H1N1; hospitalised
- Hyderabad varsity JAC condemns judicial commission report
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump is taking far-right hate groups `mainstream`
- John Kerry arrives in Geneva for Syria talks with Lavrov
- Three killed in apparent crossbow attack in Canada