Quake jolts Assam, parts of north-east
Guwahati: A mild intensity earthquake shook Assam and parts of the north-eastern region today.
The quake with a magnitude of 3.1 on the Richter scale shook the region at 1:13 PM. The epicentre of the quake was in central Assam`s Morigaon region.
There was no report of damage to life or property so far, officials said.
There are also reports of tremors being felt in some parts of the north-east region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister