Rahul Gandhi on day-long visit to BTAD and Dhubri
Guwahati: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi Tuesday met victims of ethnic violence in relief camps and held discussions with Bodoland Territorial Council leaders on the prevailing situation in Assam.
Gandhi, who arrived in Kokrajhar on a day-long visit to violence affected Bodoland Territorial Administered District (BTAD) and Dhubri, visited Kathalguri and Gambaribeel Relief camps.
He would later go to Salakati in Kokrajhar besides two relief camps in Dhubri district.
Gandhi met the relief camp inmates and also held discussions with Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) leaders and representatives of other civil organisations in the district regarding the prevailing situation along with relief and rehabilitation being provided to the affected people.
He was accompanied by Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and Assam Pradesh Congress Committee President Bhubaneswar Kalita.
"AICC is very concerned about the situation as the affected areas are yet to return to total normalcy even after nearly two months of the violence which rocked Kokrajhar, Chirang and Dhubri districts in July," a senior Congress leader said here.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde had earlier visited the affected areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport